"Mobilising private capital for development"
1st September 2016 - Latter, Aker Brygge, Oslo
Extensive investments are needed for economic growth and poverty reduction. The importance of the private sector is highlighted in the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Norfund contributes to filling the investment gap in developing countries. At this year's conference, we have invited experienced speakers to discuss and present examples of investment opportunities in developing countries that are profitable and at the same time contribute to sustainable development. We hope this will contribute to increased engagement and participation in the work for strengthening private sector in developing countries.
All the power point presentations are available in the links below.
Videos of each presentation can be seen from this playlist at YouTube.
12.00 Conference start
Part 1: Mobilizing private capital to developing countries
- Kristin Clemet - Chair Norfund,
- Børge Brende - Minister of foreign affairs, Norway
- Kjell Roland - Norfund director
- Reuel Khoza - Chairman Globeleq
- Sabina Dewan - CEO JustJobs Network
Part 2: ARISE – a new investment platform for strengthening Financial Institutions in Sub Saharan Africa
- Deepak Malik - incoming CEO Arise
- Dr. Denny H. Kalyalya - Governor Central Bank of Zambia
- Ms Charity Chanda Lumpa - Chair Zanaco Bank
- Sverre Thornes - CEO of the insurance company KLP
Part 3: Mobilising capital to microfinance
- Erik Sandersen, Norfund
- Johan H Andresen – Ferd, Owner and chairman
- Torben Huss - Vice President IFU
Part 4: DFIs increasing role for global development
- Søren Peter Andreasen - Common consulting Group / incoming EDFI secretary general
- Sev Vettivetpillai, Partner in The Abraaj Group
Use the form below to register for the conference. Attendance is free of charge.
If you have registered and at a later stage are unable to attend, use the below form to opt-out. Failure to do so will result in a 500 NOK charge.