These appointments come as Globeleq enters its next phase of development under the direct ownership of Norfund, and CDC, the UK’s Development Finance Institution (see more on Norfunds investment in Globeleq). Having obtained the necessary government and lender consents, CDC and Norfund are now the sole shareholders of Globeleq with 70% and 30% holdings, respectively.
Chair and CEO appointments:
- Dr Reuel Khoza has been appointed Chairman of the Globeleq Board. He previously held chairmanships for Nedbank Group, Glaxo SmithKline SA, Corobrik (Pty) Ltd, and Eskom Holdings Ltd. Dr Khoza currently chairs Aka Capital (Pty) Ltd, an investment holding and private equity company.
- Henry Aszklar, an energy industry expert with over 20 years of experience, has been appointed CEO of Globeleq. He has specialised in energy investments in emerging markets, including the development, acquisition and financing of IPP projects in Africa, Latin America and the US.
Other new appointments to the Globeleq Board of Directors include:
- Eivind Reiten, an economist and former Norwegian Petroleum and Energy Minister.
- Eddy Njoroge, the former CEO of Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen) and current Chairman of Telkom Kenya.
- Jean-Louis Ekra, the former Chairman and President of the African Export-Import Bank.
- Edward (Ned) Hall, an experienced energy industry professional who most recently served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Atlantic Power Corporation.
For more information please visit the Globeleq website.