Interact Climate Change Facility

  • Active: Active
  • Region: Global
  • Country: Regional
  • Sector: Energy
  • Year: 2010
  • Domicile: Luxembourg
  • Instrument: Loan
  • Commitment (MNOK) as of 30.06.2019: 254.8
  • Original Commitment (MNOK): 276.9

Interact Climate Change Facility (ICCF) will demonstrate to private sector investors the financial attractiveness of climate-friendly projects and will catalyze long-term investments. The initiative promotes the use of clean technology as an integral part of economic development. The facility contributes to sustainable economic development by providing long-term financing for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects in poor countries suffering from significant energy shortage/access.

ICCF can finance up to 75% of a project proposal with a maximum of EUR 45 million, while the remaining 25% will be financed by the proposing EDFI member.

Indirect investments

Investee Sector Country
01-GH-FMO-0511-TICO Energy - natural gas Ghana
03-IN-FMO-1111-RELIANCE POWER 1 Energy - solar India
06-MN-FMO-0212-Mongolia Wind Energy - wind Mongolia
07-HND-FMO-0712-VESA Energy - wind Honduras
08-CI-PRO-0912-Azito Energy - natural gas Ivory Coast
13-TR-PRO-0613-BankPozitif Financial services Turkey
14-IN-FMO-0713 - Panama Wind Energy - wind India
16-KE-PRO-1013-LTWP Energy - wind Kenya
17-TR-PRO-0911-Eolos2 nr1 Energy - wind Turkey
21-HN-FMO-0514-Terra Solar Energy - solar Honduras
25-IN-FMO-0115-Rajasthan-3 Energy - wind India
27-UG-FMO-0315-NYAMWAMBA Energy - hydro Uganda
28-UG-FMO-0315-Mpanga Energy - hydro Uganda
29-ME-PRO-0315-Krnovo Energy - wind Montenegro
24-PE-DEG-0914-Andean Energy - hydro Peru
37-PK-DEG-0716-TBCC Energy - wind Pakistan
39-EG-PRO-0417-RaSolar Energy - solar Regional
34-KE-FMO-0316-Selenkei Energy - solar Regional
35-KE-FMO-0316-Cedate Energy - solar Regional
41-AR-PRO-0418-LaPuna Energy - solar Argentina
43-AR-FMO-0818-Malaspina Energy - wind Argentina
44-UA-PRO-0918-Syvash Energy - wind None

Norfund - The Norwegian Investment Fund for Developing Countries

Fridtjof Nansens Plass 4
N-0160 Oslo

Subscribe to our newsletter