Banco Ficohsa Nicaragua S.A.
Norfund has worked with FFG for many years. We extended our first senior loans to Banco Ficohsa Honduras and Banco Ficohsa Guatemala in 2012 and 2013, correspondingly (which were successfully repaid), followed by a subordinated loan to Banco Ficohsa Honduras in 2019. In 2021, the team engaged in conversations with the group regarding new opportunities to support its other banks in the region, specifically in Guatemala and Nicaragua. Guatemala has been a tough market, given its current high liquidity levels and low rates. However, FFG has approached Norfund for a subordinated loan for Banco Ficohsa Nicaragua to support its growth objectives.
- Financial Inclusion
- Commitment (MNOK):
- Latin America
Additionality Banco Ficohsa Nicaragua
This investment is particularly additional on the following ambitions:
- Investing in the poorest countries
- Investing in the most capital constrained markets
- Investing in the riskiest markets
- Investing in sectors with high development needs
- Investing in high risk instruments
- Targeting underserved segments
- Improving social and environmental performance