Globeleq Ltd

Africa

Region

1,915.5

Committment (MNOK)

Clean Energy

Sector

Globeleq is a leading independent power producer in Africa. It develops, owns and operates power plants utilising various technologies across the African continent. The company is head quartered in London and has operations in South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Cote d’Ivoire and Cameroon. Norfund has a 30% ownership in Globeleq, CDC the remaining 70%. The company expects to develop, build and operate additional power plants across Sub-Saharan Africa.

detail_image
  • Sector: Clean Energy
  • Committment (MNOK): 1,915.5
  • Year: 2014
  • Region: Africa
  • Country: Regional
  • Domicile: United Kingdom
  • Instrument: Equity & Loans
  • Status: Active

Indirect investments

Investee Sector Country
AriesEnergy - solarOther
BoshofEnergy - solarOther
KlipheuwelEnergy - windOther
KonkoonsiesEnergy - solarOther
MalindiEnergy - solarOther
SoutpanEnergy - solarOther
Azito Energie S.A.Energy - natural gasIvory Coast
Dibamba PowerEnergy - HFOCameroon
Kribi PowerEnergy - natural gasCameroon
Songas LimitedEnergy - natural gasTanzania
Tsavo PowerEnergy - HFOKenya
De AarEnergy - solarSouth Africa
DroogfonteinEnergy - solarSouth Africa
Jeffreys BayEnergy - windSouth Africa