Hela Investment Holdings
Hela Investments Holdings (HIH) is the African Subsidiary of Hela Apparel Holdings PLC. Hela Apparel Holdings PLC provides sustainability-focused apparel supply chain solutions. The company works closely with global brands, from design to delivery in the intimate, active and kids wear product categories. With 10 manufacturing facilities across four countries and a workforce of 20,000 across the globe, Hela leads the industry in ethical and sustainable working environments.
HIH, incorporated in Mauritius, holds investments, through subsidiaries in Kenya, Ethiopia and Egypt with manufacturing establishments in these countries. Norfund's investments will be utilized to expand Hela's operations Kenya as well as strengthen Hela's strategic supply chain partnerships in East Africa.
- Scalable enterprises
- Commitment (MNOK):
Additionality Hela Investment Holdings
This investment is particularly additional on the following ambitions:
- Investing in the poorest countries
- Investing in the most capital constrained markets
- Investing in the riskiest markets
- Investing in sectors with high development needs
- Investing in high risk instruments
- Targeting underserved segments
- Mobilising private investors
- Supporting enterprise improvements