Climate change is among the greatest impediments to development.
Climate impacts can push 100 million people into poverty by 2030 – unless we act right now.
Join us on the 1st and 3rd of September in exploring the apparent dilemma for impact investors of contributing to development while incorporating climate action, and discussing what needs to be done to meet the need for increased access to energy in developing countries.
Due to Covid-19, the traditional Norfund Conference is replaced with two virtual conferences:
September 1st at 13.30 (CEST)
Part 1: Building Back Cleaner – Increasing access to renewable energy
- The energy outlook for the developing world
- Increasing access to energy while striving for net zero emissions
- How to channel a larger part of the global capital flows into climate related investments in the developing world?
September 3rd at 13.30 (CEST)
Part 2: Building Back Greener & Better – building climate resilient communities and companies
- Emerging from the Covid-19 crisis while building a climate change resilient future
- Challenges and opportunities in implementing the Paris Agreement
- How to deal with transition risk when investing in developing countries