Climate change is among the greatest impediments to development.
Climate impacts can push 100 million people into poverty by 2030 – unless we act right now.
View the Norfund Conference 2020 part 1 and 2 here:
At a time when the impacts of the Covid-19 dominate our thoughts it is important that we start planning for how to build back cleaner, greener and better.
Join us on the 1st and 3rd of September in discussing what must be done to meet the urgent need for increased energy-access in developing countries – with the aim to reduce poverty – while incorporating climate action. When done correctly, climate action can unlock new economic opportunities and create much needed jobs.
Due to Covid-19, the traditional Norfund Conference is replaced with two virtual conferences.
September 1st at 13.30 (CEST)
Part 1: Building Back Cleaner – Increasing access to renewable energy
- The energy outlook for the developing world
- Increasing access to energy while striving for net zero emissions
- How to channel a larger part of the global capital flows into climate related investments in the developing world?
September 3rd at 13.30 (CEST)
Part 2: Building Back Greener & Better – building climate resilient communities and companies
- Emerging from the Covid-19 crisis while building a climate change resilient future
- Challenges and opportunities in implementing the Paris Agreement
- How to deal with transition risk when investing in developing countries